Chicago has always been a dog-friendly city, from the numerous parks throughout the city, the lakefront and even many retailers letting their customers their stores are dog friendly by putting out water and treats.
Many prospective home buyers list pet friendly buildings as a search criteria when searching for their next home. But having a pet friendly building may not be enough – vicinity to dog parks is sometimes just as essential and a requirement many homebuyers are looking for.
Here are some of the most popular parks in the city sent to me, or compiled by friends or myself.
- Ohio Place Dog Park, 360 W Ohio
- Fulton River, 353 N Desplaines
- Larrabee Dog Park, 652 N Larrabee
- Wiggly Field Dog Area, 2645 N Sheffield
- Oz Park, 2021 N Burling
- Belmont Harbor Dog Beach, Lake Shore Drive and Belmont
- Hamlin Park, 3035 N Hoyne
- The Barking Lot, 2442 W Irving Park
- Winnemac Park, 5100 N Leavitt
- Welles Park, 2333 W Sunnyside
West Town (including East Village, Wicker Park)
- Wicker Dog Friendly Area, 1425 N Damen
- Dog Friendly Area, 1720 N Ashland
- Bickerdike Square Park, 1461 W Ohio
- Doggy Paddly Aquatic Center for Dogs, 1430 W Willow
- Smith Park, 2526 W Grand
- Park no. 536, 1401 N Noble
- Churchill Field, 1825 N Damen
- Pulaski Park, 1419 W Blackhawk
- Grant Bark Park, 1000 S Columbus
- D’Angelo Dog Park, 438 S Franklin
- Nichols Park, 1355 E 53rd St
- Harold Washington Playlot Park, 5200 S Hyde Park
Have a favorite park? Feel free to add in comments below!
Sherwin L. Sucaldito, REALTOR®, GREEN, ABR, CRPM
The Institute of Luxury Home Marketing
Green REsource Council, GREEN
Accredited Buyer’s Representative , ABR
Certified Residential Property Manager, CRPM
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.